Vacancies for Freelance Specialist Deafblind Workers required in the following areas:
· Midlands (Coventry, Warwickshire, Solihull)
· Newcastle and surrounding areas
The Role of a Communicator-Guide is:
· To support a deafblind person to live independently and take an active part in their community
· To enable service users to manage their finances and correspondence
· To enable service users to access their community and everyday life facilitating effective communication, safe guiding, choice and control
· To enable service users to access both written and spoken information
· To enable service users to maintain their safety within their own homes
· To assist and support the service user to arrange, attend meetings with full participation
· To assist and support service users to attend medical appointments
· To give impartial information and advice where appropriate
· Some tasks may include the following:
Shopping: for food and/or personal items, awareness of discounts/choices
Leisure activities: swimming, bowling, day care, clubs/groups, pubs,
walking, visiting different places of interest, etc.
Flexible hours, freelance, specialist training is given, car driver essential, British Sign Language desirable.
No personal care is involved.
Please contact Debbie James on 01733 686969 or email email@example.com or visit www.deafblind-enablement.co.uk for further information or discussion.