Job Description – Communicator-guide
Purpose of job
Enable your employer, who is deafblind, to carry out everyday tasks, providing support where needed.
- Recreational Activities – assist with going to the gym, swimming, other sport activities and when out rambling. Exploring new places.
- Social Occasions – provide support, whilst out socially. Enable employer to attend clubs, pubs and restaurants of his choice.
- Communication – ensure employer is involved in all communication that is going on around and is given the chance to contribute.
- Shopping – assist with communication support and ensure employer is given the opportunities to exercise personal choice.
1. Good communication skills – preferably to BSL stage 2 if possible.
2. Must have a good English especially making calls.
3. Level 2/3 Communicator Guide Certificate or willing to undertake training.
4. A flexible approach and willing attitude to work.
5. Ability to maintain strict confidence.
6. Ability to deal with sensitive and personal issues without becoming too involved.
7. A friendly, patient, understanding and caring attitude.
8. Must be an animal friendly person.
9. Must have a clean driving licence.
10. Ability to be fit, active and outdoors person and an experienced rambler/walker if necessary.
11. Non-smoker preferred.
Hours: Flexible hours to be worked – between 6 to 12 hours per week.
Pay: From £10 to £20 an hour, dependent on experience.
Start date: ASAP
Please contact Charlie Turrell for further details by email: firstname.lastname@example.org