BSL Teacher Level 3, 4 and 6
Location: Covent Garden, London.
Salary: £35.78 per hour, inclusive of pro rata holiday entitlement and preparation time
Hours of work On Average 10 to 15 hours per week, Tuesday to Thursday. Days can be flexible but some Saturday teaching will be required.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Are you an outstanding BSL teacher looking for a new challenge? Are you able to teach BSL at the higher levels?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for the Centre for Deaf Education at City Lit as part of the BSL Team. The Centre has been supporting deaf and hard of hearing people for over a 100 years and now has an opportunity for a talented and experienced teacher to teach our BSL courses for hearing and deaf students.
You will be responsible for developing, organising, teaching and assessing BSL courses at Level 3, 4 and 6.
For full details of the role, please refer to the job description.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and a covering letter which demonstrates your skills and experience against the selection criteria and complete our online application form.
- Level 6 in BSL or equivalent relevant to the subject being taught
- Excellent knowledge of BSL linguistics and theory.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Deaf community and culture.
- Have experience of teaching BSL to adults both individually and in group settings.
- An Award in Education and Training qualification, or equivalent (e.g. PTLLS)
- Ability to teach via online platforms such as zoom
- Experience of using Google Classroom
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Competence in IT skills and a willingness to engage with modern technology in teaching
Selected applicants will be required to attend an interview.
Application Deadline: 23:59 Tuesday 06 July 2021
BE PART OF A COMMUNITY:
City Lit is London's largest provider of learning for adults, inspiring over 30,000 students a year and offering more than 5,000 courses. As a leader in our field, we have a reputation for delivering a high quality student experience. Our reach and impact within London is far reaching and through the support of our Community Outreach department extends beyond our campus’s to bring City Lit’s teaching into the community.
City Lit promotes and values equality and diversity.