Oundle School in Northamptonshire is one of the country’s leading co-educational boarding and day schools. We are seeking a Sign Language Tutor to work part-time as a member of the Community Action team.
Our Community Action programme aims to cultivate a spirit of service and encourage an awareness of the needs of people from different sectors of society. Over 320 pupils and about 30 staff are involved with Community Action, serving the local community, on a weekly basis. Additional activities at various points in the year, including the holidays, involve further pupils and staff. The Community Action is small but close-knit, providing a supportive and friendly working environment.
The role of the Sign Language Tutor is to instruct, assess and prepare a group of pupils to British Sign Language Level 1. You will work two hours per week, on Wednesday afternoons, during Term time (33 weeks per annum). Salary is £937 per annum.
Main duties include:
- To prepare a lesson plan prior to carrying out teaching sessions.
- To work under own initiative, instruct pupils and coach them to achieve British Sign Language Level 1 qualification.
- To follow procedures, video lessons and send to BSL for external monitoring of teaching practice and procedures.
- Carry out assessments in accordance with the requirements of the British Sign Language examining body.
- Demonstrate ability to judge pupils’ performance, communicate and provide feedback articulately and in a motivational manner.
- Foster good relationships with the pupils
- Compile and produce end of term reports.
For more information and to apply, please go to https://www.oundleschool.org.uk/employment-opportunities
Closing date for applications is 24th February 2020 at 8.30am.
Interviews will be held on 2 and 3 March 2020.
Oundle School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.