The First Choice for Deaf Children in London
Frank Barnes is an innovative and exciting sign bilingual school for profoundly Deaf Children with a national and international reputation as a centre of excellence in Deaf Education. We have recently been awarded Outstanding Status by Ofsted for the fourth consecutive inspection and have a commitment to high quality education as well as your professional development. We are a friendly, supportive school, based in Camden, a short walk from St Pancras International Station with good rail links across London and beyond. In 2015, the school moved to a state of the art building at King’s Cross and is co-located with a mainstream primary school. You can find out more information about the school on our website: www.fbarnes.camden.sch.uk
We are committed to ensuring:
• Every child develops a positive sense of their deaf identity and becomes a successful learner
• BSL and English are taught to a high standard enabling our children to become fluent in both languages
• Staff, parents and carers are fully involved in the life of the school
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed person with the following skills and experience:
• excellent BSL skills (minimum BSL Level 3)
• to be a native BSL user
• understanding of the learning needs of mainstream children and young people
• experience of working in educational settings
• excellent networks within the Deaf community
• experience of teaching/assessing/delivering BSL courses to children and/or adults
• excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• communicating with children and adults from different backgrounds
• carrying out assessments of pupils’ BSL learning and progression
• planning and delivery of BSL lessons
For further information and application forms either contact our Business Manager or visit our website – www.fbarnes.camden.sch.uk Please download the application form, job description and person specification and email your application and supporting statement to: email@example.com or Tel: 0207 391 7040/ Text: 07970 626 197.
Closing date for applications: Midday, Thursday 14th March 2019
Short listing: Friday 15th March 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 20th March 2019, from 1pm.
Please ensure you are available to attend the interview date as this cannot be altered.