What is BSLHomework?
BSLHomework is an online library of video clips and support materials to help you understand the assessments, develop your vocabulary and linguistics skills, and practice your receptive BSL skills from wherever you are.
Developed by BSL teachers and experts with Signature students in mind, BSLHomework is the perfect training resource for anyone studying British Sign Language Levels 1-3
What is included?
- Hours of BSL conversations and clips to support your learning
- Traffic light’ levels of difficulty to build confidence and knowledge as you progress
- Glossary with examples of linguistic and grammar terms
- Quizzes for testing your knowledge and progress as you study
- Practice assessments to help you prepare
- BSL dictionary of over 4000 signs to support your learning
Support and accessibility
- Access 24 hours a day via the Signature Learning Hub
- Support from Signature - should any issues occur
- Use BSLHomework as a way to set students homework and tasks outside of teaching time.
- Easy to use on a range of devices
What do students and teachers think of BSL Homework?
Based on a survey of 54 Signature centres, we received the following feedback from their teachers:
- Over 83% of the surveyed Signature Centres have recommended BSLHomework to their students.
- Almost 64% of surveyed teachers use BSLHomework in their classrooms.
- 92% of teachers think that BSLHomework is easy to use.
Based on responses from 245 Signature students who use BSLHomework, we received the following feedback:
- 87% said that BSLHomework was easy to purchase
- 100% of students said BSLHomework was good value for money
- 94% would recommend BSLHomework to a friend
- 75% said it improved their BSL skills
- 65% use BSLHomework to help with the completion of a Signature qualification.
- 82% agreed that BSLHomework meets all of their expectations.
Case Study – I Can Sign
We used the resource in classes to practice for the receptive exams as it’s good preparation for the exams. Students wanted something to practice at home and I found this homework package offered this reassurance, I’m sure it could be used more in our sessions.
I believe it’s useful for students to have the homework platform to practice what’s been taught in the classroom. It’s mainly the receptive practice as this is an area where students struggle the most and it’s hard to teach receptive skills.